Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Cosplay Wednesday: Index Librorum Prohibitorum

It's Cosplay Wednesday again! I decided this time to go with a costume I wore around this time last year for pictures! It's Index from To aru majutsu no index (A Certain Magical Index). While she may only be my second favorite character in the series (First being Last Order), I love her and had a lot of fun trying to create this costume. This is also one of those rare costumes that I have worn to two different conventions!

My Index costume was originally created for Anime Expo 2012. I was in California at the time staying in a small hotel room for about three months. Luckily, I got the fabric for the costume and sewed it with no more tools than what I had bought and my trusty sewing machine. However, as I hadn't sewn anything in several months by that point, I didn't measure out how much fabric I needed correctly (as the fabric was being split between two costumes). The fabric store was too far away for me to reach again, so I had to think up something quick! I ended up buying a pack of XL white shirts from a nearby store and used those to make the robe.

I think my favorite part of the costume are the giant safety pins! Plus it's probably the only time I could ever get away with safety pinning a costume together. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Anyway, I eventually wore this to both Anime Expo 2012 and Pro±Con 2013, the pictures come from the 2013 convention.





Reference

No comments:

Post a Comment