Monday, December 17, 2012

So, I'm watching anime again.



   So, I haven't written a blog entry in forever!!! Please excuse me!


I picked up an anime this season called 'K'. I don't remember what grabbed me into watching this, I don't think it was the story, or the art. Perhaps it was just to give it a try because it didn't seem entirely ridiculous by the plot.  However, I'm pretty glad I stuck with it.

To give you a summary of it in my own words: K is an anime set in a futuristic world. There are several kings of color that wield magic in order to pursue their own goals. Usually, they don't get involved in each other's affairs; this all changes when Yashiro Isana is targeted by the blue and red kings for killing an innocent subject of the red king. Only thing is, Shiro doesn't remember killing him at all. Now he's on the run with a man who may or may not kill him and his cat who takes the form of a young girl.

The execution of the story is really nice. It doesn't just hand you the answers on a silver platter every episode. No, this is one of those anime that keeps you questioning what everything really means. The thing I like most about K is that there are no bad guys. Everyone has their own reasonable answer as to why they are fighting.

If you like supernatural kinds of shows, pretty environments, and excellent fighting scenes, you may be in for a treat on this one. Not to mention, it has a pretty amazing soundtrack. Needless to say, this is becoming one of my more favorite anime. I can't wait to see where it goes! 


I also plan to cosplay as Neko. She's really a cute character!