Thursday, June 14, 2012

Wig Review: Epic Cosplay

Getting ready for Anime Expo, I went to an online shop to find a wig. This time, I decided to go with the tried and true Epic Cosplay Wigs. I've never had a problem with them, and it still remains that way today.  For Index I decided to get their ice blue 26" wig.

       


I would have received the wig days earlier except an error on our end managed to get it shipped home instead of to our hotel room. We had to have it shipped back here! But the package did arrive on time at home, so the shipping is accurate.
Wearing it in pigtails. <3

It came in a box like envelope complete with the usual wig bag and net as well as some paper stuffing. Taking it out, it was brushed and clean looking, exactly what you'd expect from a professional business.  I tried it on, and the fibers were super soft, and it was the correct length. it was also thick enough (though I would suggest buying extensions if you want to do any sort of updo with this wig.)

My only complaint is that there weren't enough bangs cut in the front (it was a little uneven on the top where most of the hair was not cut to match the provided bangs), but I didn't mind shaping that up as I cut the provided bangs into the shape I wanted them.

Overall, I'm really happy with this wig. I even took it out for a test drive in public (I was having a bad hair day at the time.)

Ratings
Construction: 9/10
Fibers: 10/10
Shipping: 10/10
Overall look: 10/10

Final Rating: 9/10