Monday, May 28, 2012

California Strawberry Festival

Sorry for not updating so soon! I have a lot of things I want to blog about, but I'm going to space them out. Project Tyria keeps my hands full! 

Last weekend I managed to make it out to the California Strawberry Festival. It was absolutely amazing and right up my alley. Strawberries are one of (if not my) favorite fruits/berries and an entire festival dedicated to them is something I was very interested in. It wasn't far from where I'm staying, either.


A lot of people really like how I dress. They wanted to take pictures of/with me, especially people with kids!

The strawberries were so very delicious. I've never had a strawberry that good in my life. We bought two baskets of them and the first we ate on the spot. I had to stop to eat them because they were so yummy and I would have eaten them all! We ate a lot of strawberry related items, but we couldn't possibly eat them all! We had strawberries, strawberry smoothies, strawberry crepe, and deep fried strawberries.

Deep Fried Strawberries and Smoothie
Strawberry Crepe with Smoothies


They also had things like strawberry pizza, beer, nacho sauce, shortcake, teriyaki chicken, and other really weird and neat things.  I got to try a bunch of balsamic vinegars at a booth, and they were really tasty! Amongst other vendors, there were Sky chairs, which are kind of like fabric chair swings with foot rests. It was so relaxing and comfy. I didn't want to get up after sitting down! We got a toy crossbow as well. It's very fun!

Strawberry Pizza

After so much fun at the strawberry festival, I got to watch the partial eclipse that was happening that evening. It was a perfect end to a perfect day!