Monday, April 16, 2012

Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Review


    So, today I'm going to review an item for the first time on my blog. I plan to do several reviews of different things/genres of items and I will eventually get them sorted into pages. I think I'll group the posts together on each page, but still post them on the first page. So it will be easier to find them.
   Today I am reviewing Garnier Fructis Pure Clean shampoo and conditioner. I was excited to run out and get it when I saw the commercial for it on the tele. I'm very interested in recyclable and organic (overall green) items. This falls under the recyclable item, but I still wouldn't suggest anyone buying it. Here's why.
   My initial wash seemed fine until my hair dried. As soon as it did, I took a look in the mirror to see any improvements it had made to my hair. Upon looking, my hair looked really dry, dull, and especially lifeless. It seemed that the bottle and commercials were telling me the opposite of what the product was actually doing to my hair. Later that night, my hair looked really oily and greasy. It went to looking worse than what it looked like before washing it! Gross! My hair felt sticky and the stickiness even rubbed off on my fingers.
  I thought that maybe it just needed a few days to get the previous products' damage out of my hair. So, I was kind enough to give it about two weeks. Nothing changed other than that my hair looks darker and duller in color now.  I tried several ways to make it work. I let my hair dry different ways, drip dry, in a towel, and even the hair dryer. I spent long times trying to wash it out and even washed the soap out quickly. Nothing seemed to make a difference.

  So, as for my ratings:
Quality: 1/5
Clean: -1/5
Price: 0/5
Overall Rating: 0/5
  My verdict is that it's not worth the money spent on it. It may not be putting chemicals in your hair, but it feels like you've just dived into a pit of oil. If silicone makes my hair feel more alive and less greasy, I'm going to stick with that.