Thursday, March 15, 2012

Bodyline Review

              Recently, I had two Bodyline dresses ordered from their Lolita section. They were two dresses I haven't honestly seen people wearing, but thought had a lot of charm to them. They were in the Lolita section of the site, but I wanted to wear them because they were cute- not for the Lolita fashion.
              The two dresses I got were:


This dress was in the "Last One" area of the site, but also falls under the separate tab in Lolita. I love black and white designs, it's my second favorite color combination.

When it arrived, it looked just like it did in the picture after putting the chains on it. The dress is very modular, which is exciting. The sleeves are detachable, the skirt can be worn with the zippers up or down, the blouse is cute all on it's own, as is the apron (I could wear each with any other outfit), and the chains can go where you would like them, even as far as leaving them off and it would look just fine!
Me wearing the dress!
It fits me like a glove as well. I couldn't be happier with it.
The best thing about it was that I got so many great items (Blouse, apron, skirt, chains, and bow) for just $27!







   The second dress I got was this one, in the sax/blue color.
  This dress comes with several items as well. It can also be found under the separate's tab of Lolita.  The outfit comes with the skirt, the jacket, the beret, and several bows to clip on where you like.
  When it came, I had to chase down the mail person for it. She was very understanding, as I had just missed her, and let me take my package.
  The outfit looks nearly exactly as it is pictured. The blue is a bit paler, which I have to admit is a good thing. The fabric is super soft and cuddly.





   The skirt is absolutely stunning. The volume worried me at first since it didn't look like the white underneath would be enough to hold a petticoat to make it poof out like in the picture, but it did with no problem at all and the bottom is actually my favorite part now!
   This outfit also fits like a glove. The skirt is really comfortable to wear, especially with the high waist. It doesn't feel binding at all.










The coat is also really cute. It's a breast length coat. I feared that it would accentuate my chest too much, since I'm a bit big in the top... But it doesn't! The small pleats in the jacket are really cute and it really is a brilliant touch to it! On the back, there is a bigger pleat with a bigger bow at the top, and it is a small sailor style collar, which matches the style to the beret

Don't mind Charrlie in the back <3

The beret is a little big for my head, but it can be easily fixed. I like it best on the side of my head, but I think you can wear it several different ways. I might try the back next time! It's stiff without being scratchy. There is a small spot on the inside that annoys me, but you can't see it from the outside. It seems like just a marker print from production.


 Lastly, I often hear about how the lace is awful and scratchy. I don't think that's the case with either of these dresses. I think the lace is very soft and pretty. It hangs very nicely on the dress and the shapes make it a little more interesting than plain ruffles on the bottom. The same material lace is used on both of the dresses. I wouldn't dream of replacing it.


    So, there you have it, my first real review on Bodyline clothing. It's always been a joy to shop with them. Their prices are excellent, the quality is awesome, and the items are beautiful. I can't wait until I can purchase from them again!