Friday, October 7, 2011

Back from Anime Weekend Atlanta.

A bit late of a post for this, but AWA has ended and I had a rather odd time.

There was a lot of drama going on that I didn't want to deal with this weekend. Because of everything, I've been really down lately. Luckily, I have Racecar and Jason to cheer me up!

I met two new friends this weekend at the con. One of my friends couldn't make it to the recycled cosplay challenge after all. Seeing my disappointment (I'm sure), a group at the tables next to me asked if I wanted to join their group. I did and we made a futuristic space pop idol pony for the sci-fi themed contest. Turns out, they live in the same nowhere town as me five hours away from the convention! How lucky!

I also got to eat at a place called Umezono. It's a Japanese restaurant in Atlanta and their food is really yummy! I couldn't eat so much the first night, though. I was sick for pretty much the whole time I was down there. However, the second night, my appetite had returned and we ate sukiyaki! It was my first time eating this, and they gave us too much food! I invited friends but they couldn't come and help us (Who in their right mind would pass up a chance for free sukiyaki?!). It defeated us without breaking a sweat and in the end we had to call it quits. The food was still really good! I look forward to having it again.



If you came to see the Touhou Project panel, I hope you enjoyed it! I tried my very best considering that there was a lack of communication between the main panelist and I. I hope that next year they might put more chairs in for people. I will be resigning from co-hosting the Touhou Project panel though. I hope to have a couple of panels for myself next year.

I also appeared on the live broadcast of niconico.com's convention coverage. I appeared once as Kyubey in a Madoka group. The second time I came in as Makise Kurisu from Steins; Gate. It was really fun hearing what the comments translated out into and talking on screen!


Speaking of cosplays, if you weren't there to see me, I was cosplaying as Makise Kurisu- There was a lot of Okabe's! There was one other Makise; she had the regular jacket, and I was doing the lab coat version.


I was also cosplaying as Kyubey from Madoka Magica!

And last of all, my secret Touhou cosplay was none other than Toyosatomimi no Miko!
This costume took so long to make. I didn't think it would take this long!!!


I also fell in love with loads of things at the con. I had a lot of spending money, but I didn't really spend a lot of it at all.  I loved the artist alley this year, especially a place called Alice Doll. The girl who worked there was very friendly! I kept coming back to see all the cute items she had for sale. She had this awesome chocolate mirror that I wish I would have gotten, but I did get a really cute ice cream ring and four hairbows that I wear almost daily now! <3

I also bought a few things from the dealers room. I was looking for a Pastel Ink figure I've been seeing the the dealer's room a few times at AWA now. It seems that they've sold them; I'll have to order them offline. There were a lot of goodies there and I absolutely love to spend loads of time in the dealers room. I don't usually buy very much, but seeing what kinds of things people put out there is pretty neat. I thought about buying a POP game, but I didn't know if I would like it very much, so I decided to try out games like it first before I make a purchase.


I bought my very first bento box. The woman said that this particular version was popular in Japan right now. I didn't need to know that just to buy it because it was so adorable! I just wish they had had some sort of cat or tiger or maybe even a sheep, but I managed to pick up a brown bear (Rilakkuma)!
I also bought some cute earmuffs. I'll be prepared for winter this year!
There was a Hatsune Miku bag I was eyeing last year, but they sold out of them before I finally decided that I wanted one. Instead, I bought it this year!
I also found an Anna plushie from He is my Master. She is my favorite character from the series. I only saw Izumi's in there at first, but then I found Anna!
All in all, I'm really glad of what I got this year at the con. Everything is so cute!!!


I also got a gift from someone in the Touhou group! Its a very cute Kisume figure!!! <3


Jason also surprised me with a tea cup I had been eyeing that weekend in Tomato (a japanese grocery/book store next to the restaurant.) Its really cute, but it doesn't make green tea taste any better. x.x


And last but not least, I'm spending a lot of time learning how to cook things since I've started watching Cooking with Dog. Last night, we made melon bread! It came out well except the bread dough is kind of dense. We'll be fixing that when we make it next (And we might add dark chocolate chips!!)




No comments:

Post a Comment